The Professional Convention Management Association (PCMA) has selected the second annual class for its "20 in Their Twenties" program, it announced this month.
Introduced in October 2013, "20 in Their Twenties" aims to find the most promising young professionals in the meetings industry by recognizing emerging leaders.
"The quality of our applicants this year was outstanding," PCMA President and CEO Deborah Sexton said in a statement. "While this is just our second PCMA '20 in Their Twenties' class, it's clear the young leaders in our industry have diverse talents and are making a true impact on the organizations they work for."
Members of the second annual "20 in Their Twenties" class are:
• Ashley H. Akright, CMP, Manager of Conference Coordinators, Gaylord National Resort & Convention Center
• Magdalina A. Atanassova, Communication Manager, AIM Group International
• Madeleine Bart, Event Coordinator, Chartered Professional Accountants of Canada (CPA Canada)
• Michael W. Cubbage, Principal, Meeting Contractors LLC
• Katrina L. Dunn, Meetings and Foundation Senior Manager, American Society for Nutrition
• Danielle E. Foster, MBA, Meeting Planner, Certified Angus Beef LLC
• Katharine L. Gausmann, Meetings and Events Specialist, American Feed Industry Association
• Kacie Hackett, Sr. Coordinator, CES Conferences, Consumer Electronics Association
• Kristine Koonts, CMP, Executive Events Manager, Vancouver Convention Centre
• Jennifer Kuchenbecker, CMP, Director of Conferences and Events, American Society of Consultant Pharmacists
• Alana K. Mallory, CWP, Meetings and Events Coordinator, America's Essential Hospitals
• Leucepe Martinez, Production Assistant, Worldwide Business Research
• Madeja M. Metcalf, Meeting Coordinator, American Institute of Steel Construction
• Samantha L. Moore, Meetings Coordinator, American Bakers Association
• Janet Partlow, CMP, Senior Meetings Manager, J. Spargo & Associates Inc.
• Cara Pratt, DMCP, Director of Sales, Destination Partners Inc., A DMC Network Company
• Lindsay K. Pund, Management Associate, BCD Travel
• Kristina Simkins, Product Director, OnPeak
• Jessica L. Smith, MTA, CMP, Senior Meetings Planner, American Bar Association
• Jennifer Vaseleck, Assistant Director of Meetings, NASPA - Student Affairs Administration in Higher Education
Chosen meeting professionals receive complimentary registration to PCMA's annual meeting, $1,500 for travel expenses, as well as discounted registration to attend future annual meetings until they're 30. Likewise, they receive complimentary PCMA membership for 2015 and discounted membership until they're 30. Finally, they receive three face-to-face or virtual mentoring sessions with a member of the PCMA board of directors, the PCMA Foundation board of trustees, or a past PCMA leader.