The Incentive Marketing Association
(IMA) has announced its 2016-2017 board of directors, headed up by Sean Roark, CPIM, vice president incentive programs, PromoPros/IncentPros, Inc.
The change comes as the association has broadly reorganized around its special interest groups (SIG), dividing them into award providers and the incentive houses and professional solution providers. The latter -- formerly the Performance Improvement Council, Recognition Council and Global Incentive Council -- have been combined in a single group, the Incentive & Engagement Solution Providers
. The merchandise (IMRA
), gift card (IGCC
) and travel (ITC
) award providers' SIGs remain.
"I am delighted to be accepting the charge for presiding over the association at a time when the IMA is growing, reinvigorating its thought leadership, and expanding its education and industry alliances to deliver on our mission," Roark said. "Thanks to be terrific efforts of president emeritus Spencer Toomey over the past year and previous president Rick Low, we have really opened up the possibilities for the association to prosper and flourish. I believe that we have the perfect executive committee and board of directors to continue that vision."
Roark was honored with the IMA's first Karen Renk Fellowship Award in 2015, and has also been treasurer of the Incentive Federation, an industry umbrella organization of which the IMA is a member.
Other board officers whose terms began this month include:
* John Hornbogen, RPG Card Services, as executive vice president
* Susan Gray, Hallmark Business Connections as vice president
* Ted Moravec, Elite Creations as treasurer
* Anne Jetter, GiftCertificates.com, as secretary
In addition, three new board members were elected and one appointed:
* Fintan Connolly, IP, Globoforce, Ltd.
* Bill Martocci, Carlisle Sales & Marketing Inc.
* Rick Rubin, National Gift Card Corporation
* Jim Atten, Shell Gift Card (appointed)
The returning board members include:
* Heather Abbott, Powerhouse Brands Consulting
* Brian Dunne, IP, SVM Europe, Ltd.
* Lindsay Gale, Tango Card Inc.
* Chris Harrison, KleerWest, LLC
* Don Killingback of Wyndham Exchange & Rentals/Endless Vacation Rentals
* Cristiano Miano, IP, Grupo Digi
* Scott Plybon, The Plybon Company
* Rebekka Rea, Innovative Prepaid Solutions/Earls Rib Palace
* Billie Reise, Incentive Concepts LLC
* Jody Running, CPIM, Top Brands, Inc.
* Len Sadek, Landry's Inc.
* Sean Wilkinson, Corporate Rewards.