The newly renamed Society for Incentive Travel Excellence (SITE)
announced the members of its new International Board of Directors on Oct. 1. Beginning their term on Jan. 1, 2015, the members reflect the incentive travel organization's concerted efforts to create a truly global organization, with individuals hailing from six continents and numerous countries.
The group's International Board of Directors serve as advocates for SITE's vision and work to help it achieve its strategic goals. To this end, the organization has named Rhonda Brewer, vice president, group business manager, sales of Maritz Travel Company as board president for 2015.
Among the other board officers are:
• Rajeev Kohli, managing director at Creative Travel Pvt. Ltd., based in New Delhi, India, is the 2016 president-elect.
• Vice President Finance Aoife Delaney, director of global sales for Ovation Global DMC, based in Dun Laoghaire, Ireland
• Vice President Olga Navarro, executive director of ITB dmc, based in Barcelona, Spain
• Philip Eidsvold, account director at AIMIA, is executive committee member-at-large
• Paul Miller, managing director at London-based destination management company (DMC) Spectra, is immediate past president.
In addition, Kevin Hinton, SITE's CEO (chief excellence officer), is an ex-officio member of the executive committee of the board.
"SITE is extremely fortunate to have such a strong group of industry leaders to help drive the success of our association," says Brewer. "I enthusiastically look forward to working with the hard working group of people that will serve on this board."
SITE currently boasts 2,000 members in 90 countries, with 28 chapters from China to South Africa to Chicago.
Joining the board's officers are two new board members: Alicia Yao, general manager of IME Consulting Co., Ltd, based in Beijing; and Daryl Keywood, managing director of Walthers DMC, based in Douglasdale, South Africa.
Returning International Board of Directors members include:
• Annamaria Ruffini, Events In & Out S.R.L., Rome, Italy
• Jacqueline "Jacque" Goldy, MGM Resorts International, Chicago, IL.
• Jonathan Richards, Maui Jim Sunglasses & Zeal Optics, Grand Prairie, TX
• Julia Trejo, Terramar Los Cabos DMC, San Jose del Cabo, Mexico
• Pamela Shepherd, Distinctive Destinations, Atlanta, GA
• Kurt Paben, SITE Foundation President 2014-2015; AIMIA, Minneapolis, MNPhoto: Rhonda Brewer, the 2015 Board President