The Incentive Marketing Association
has announced the officers and directors elected for the current term, running August 2015 to August 2016.
The new IMA president is industry veteran Spencer Toomey, CPIM, senior vice president of Luxury Lines by MMSC
(pictured above). He succeeds Richard Low, vice president, special markets of Citizen Watch Company
Toomey's main goal will be to improve and increase collaboration between the IMA's various Strategic Industry Groups (SIGs), a process begun under Low. This is a change that has been a long time coming, Toomey says, noting that when the association started 16 years ago, most award catalogs were still printed, gift cards were all plastic or paper, and pre-smartphone mobile access wasn't even on the radar.
"Some of the changes have been positive and some have created more challenges and competition from companies that did not even know that our market existed 16 years ago," Toomey says. "More than ever before, we as an association need more collaboration between the Strategic Industry Groups to work together on a common goal of helping IMA stay relevant, and for all of us to grow our business."
The 2015-2016 officers are:
• Executive Vice President: Sean Roark, CPIM, of Promopros/Incentpros, Inc
• Vice President: Heidi Chatfield, CPIM, of All Star Incentive Marketing
• Treasurer: John Hornbogen of RPG Gift Cards
• Secretary: Susan Adams, CPIM, of Dittman Incentive Marketing President Emeritus: Richard Low of Citizen Watch Co.
Board members for the 2015-2016 year are:
• Heather Abbott of Powerhouse Brands Consulting
• Betsi Bowman of Blackhawk Engagement Solutions
• Kimberly A. Carrette of Canon U.S.A., Inc
• Brian Dunne, IP, of SVM Europe
• Susan Gray of Hallmark Business Connections
• Nicole Willis Hardey of Groupon, Inc
• Anne Jetter of GiftCertificates.com
• Don Killingback of Wyndham Exchange & Rentals / Endless Vacation Rentals
• Bill Martocci of Carlisle Sales & Marketing, Inc.
• Cristiano Miano, IP, of Grupo Digi
• Ted Moravec of Elite Creations
• Rebekka Rea of Innovative Prepaid Solutions
• Jody Running, CPIM, of Top Brands, Inc
• Billie Reise of Incentive Concepts
• Len Sadek of Landry's, Inc
• Sean Wilkinson of Corporate Rewards U.K
• Joe Zanone of Movado Group, Inc./Zanone Sales