Hilton Launches 'Curio' Collection of Independent Hotels
By Matt Alderton
June 2, 2014
Hilton Worldwide has launched a new brand consisting of independent hotels operating within the Hilton network, it announced today. Called Curio -- A Collection by Hilton, the new brand is a curated collection of "distinctive" four- and five-star hotels that will combine the individuality of a boutique hotel with the reliability of a chain.
"Just as the word 'curio' can refer to something of interest, unique or even rare, each Curio hotel will be different from the next, with individuality being a common thread, along with the quiet reassurance of the Hilton name behind every location," Hilton explained in a press release.
According to the company, five hotels already have signed letters of intent to join the new brand:
- SLS Las Vegas Hotel & Casino, which is scheduled to open Labor Day weekend on the Las Vegas Strip
- The Sam Houston Hotel in Houston, which opened in 1924 and is listed on the National Register of Historic Places
- Hotel Alex Johnson in Rapid City, S.D. -- near Mount Rushmore -- which opened in 1928 and is also on the National Register of Historic Places
- The Franklin Hotel in downtown Chapel Hill, N.C., one block from the University of North Carolina
- A new, as yet unnamed hotel in downtown Portland, Ore., construction on which is planned to begin in early 2015
"Our customers and owners have expressed strong interest in a brand from us that includes hotels that can retain their unique identity but also deliver the many benefits of our system, including our Hilton HHonors guest loyalty program," Hilton Worldwide President and CEO Christopher J. Nassetta said in a statement. "That desire, combined with the current size of the independent hotel market and demand for differentiated hotel stays around the world, made for the right timing for this launch. Curio is an exciting new brand for us -- one of two unique concepts we'll introduce this year."
This page is protected by Copyright laws. Do Not Copy