The Retail Gift Card Association
(RGCA), a trade association representing more than 70 providers of retail and closed-loop gift cards (as opposed to "open-loop" cards, which can be used like a regular credit cards), announced several leadership changes on March 30. These included the election of five new members to its board of directors, as well as the appointment of two current board members to executive-level positions.
The new leaders are charged with working with the current board to help drive growth and research of the retail gift card sector, address fraud concerns, and examine potential impacts of proposed legislation on closed-loop cards.
This announcement comes just a few weeks after the RGCA announced that it had expanded its membership rules to include non-retail companies who have a vested interest in the growth of closed-loop gift cards.
"It's critical in the ever evolving payment industry that we are represented by not only our core stakeholders, which are the retailers, but also all of the other partners that are in one way or another tied to the overall success of the closed-loop gift card industry," said Timm Walsh, vice president of corporate sales at Regal Entertainment Group
and the RGCA board chair. "Together, representing a unified voice to address the many facets and challenges of the gift card industry, we will be stronger."
Joining Walsh on the executive board are:
* Vice Chair
: Colleen Dorwart, Gift Card Services, Senior Manager, Cabelas
: Erin Wood, Director, SUBWAY
Card Program, an IPC company
* Chair Emeritus
: Nathan Ehrlich, Senior Manager, Gift Card Operations, Home Depot
The new members of the RGCA board of directors are:
* Lauren Haus, Incentive Sales & Marketing Manager, TJX Incentive Sales
* Marina Hodges, Director, Treasury Operations/Closed Loop Programs, Walmart
* Jenny Jeansonne, Head of Retail & B2B Partnerships, eBay
* Mike Strohl, Director, Gift Cards, Sears
Returning to the board are:
* Nathan Ehrlich, Senior Manager, Gift Card Operations, Home Depot
* Matthew Levy, Manager Product Design Target Financial Services, Target
* Steven Kane, Chief Revenue Officer, SpaFinder Wellness
* Jayne Stegemiller, Marketing Manager, Gift Cards, Cracker Barrel
* Tim Anderson, Vice President, National Sales, AMC Theatres
All new terms officially began at the RGCA's Spring Member Meeting on March 20, at the All Payments Expo
in New Orleans.