Digital Gifts Cards Ideal for Holiday Gifting, Says Transaction Wireless
By Deanna Ting
December 5, 2012
, a global provider of multi-channel digital gift cards and integrated marketing solutions, is touting the benefits of digital gift cards over traditional plastic gift cards this holiday season.
Digital gift cards, says Transaction Wireless, are much more convenient for holiday shoppers than traditional gifts or plastic gift cards. Last-minute shoppers can purchase and send gift cards easily, without waiting in lines at a store, and gift card senders can also schedule the cards to be delivered at a specific time and day. Recipients of digital gift cards can also access their gifts directly from their smartphones, so they need not worry about losing their plastic gift cards or forgetting to bring them to the store for redemption.
According to a recent report by the National Retail Federation, gift cards are set to be the season’s most popular gift, with 59.8 percent of consumers putting it at the top of their wish lists.
“While gift cards continue to be a popular gift, digital gift cards allow consumers to get even more personal with their gift giving,” says Thomas Niedbalski, senior vice president of business and client development, Transaction Wireless. “The stigma that gift cards are a ‘thoughtless’ gift is quickly fading with e-gifting features such as adding a message, audio, photo, and video alongside the gift card. E-gift cards offer a memorable experience for consumers this holiday and are not just a last minute gift; they’re the ‘cooler’ gift.”
This holiday season, Transaction Wireless is working with a variety of its brands to provide consumers with additional deals and perks for purchasing a digital gift card to increase consumer loyalty and brand awareness.
At Applebee’s, for example, customers who purchase a $50 e-gift card will also receive a $10 bonus e-gift card. Additional holiday e-gift card promotions from Transaction Wireless clients include:
This page is protected by Copyright laws. Do Not Copy
- Buca di Beppo—Purchase $50 in digital or plastic gift cards and receive a $10 reward card
- Boston Market—Buy a $25 digital or plastic gift card, receive a $5 digital bonus card
- California Pizza Kitchen—Purchase a $100 digital or plastic gift card, receive a $20 Rewards Card
- LongHorn Steakhouse—Buy a $25 digital or plastic gift card, receive $5 off your next visit
- Max & Erma’s—Purchase a $25 digital or plastic gift card and receive a $5 bonus
- Olive Garden—Buy $25 or more in digital or plastic gift cards and receive a $5 digital bonus coupon
- Pappas Restaurants—Purchase $50 or more in digital or plastic gift cards, receive a $10 bonus card
- Red Lobster—Buy a $25 or more digital or plastic gift card, receive a $5 off coupon
- Red Robin—Purchase a $25 digital or plastic gift card, receive a $5 bonus card
- The Capital Grille—Buy $500 in digital or plastic gift cards, receive complimentary steak knife set of four and bonus gift cards