Food and Beverage
Auberge du Soleil Unveils Club Vin du Soleil
By Donna M. Airoldi
July 5, 2011
Success and an impressive wine collection seem to go hand in hand these days. Those companies looking to reward top performers with “the drink of the gods” can now give them memberships in Club Vin du Soleil, a new wine club from Auberge du Soleil, a luxury resort in Napa Valley.
Club members will receive vintages selected by Kris Margerum, the resort’s wine director, as well as exclusive benefits when visiting the resort and its Michelin-star restaurant. Margerum plans to include many vintages from his Napa Valley base for many of his selections, some of which will be limited-production wines and available only to members and not general consumers.
Club Vin du Soleil has three membership categories: Cru, Premiere Cru, and Grand Cru. Membership prices range from $325 to $1,200, and depending on the category selected, members will receive four to six bottles per quarterly shipment, beginning September 2011.
Cru: $325 Quarterly
- Four to six bottles quarterly
- Preferred restaurant seating
- Invitation to Club Vin du Soleil events and resort wine tastings
- Quarterly mailing of Auberge Resorts magazine
Premiere Cru: $600 Quarterly
Same as Cru, plus:
- 10 percent off Auberge du Soleil Restaurant and Bistro & Bar plus sparkling wine greeting (excludes discount on alcohol; discount extended to member plus one guest)
- 10 percent off Auberge Spa treatment
Grand Cru: $1,200 Quarterly
Same as Cru, plus:
- 20 percent off Auberge du Soleil Restaurant and Bistro & Bar plus sparkling wine greeting (excludes discount on alcohol; discount extended to member plus one guest)
- 20 percent off Auberge Spa treatment
- 10 percent off Auberge du Soleil resort room
Club Vin du Soleil currently ships to 38 states, according to Lea Wilson, sales and marketing manager for the resort. But because state laws regulating wine imports from other states change regularly, confirm with the Auberge du Soleil website to make sure the recipients’ states allow wine shipments. The states currently banning interstate wine shipments are Alabama, Arkansas, Delaware, Kentucky, Maryland, Massachusetts, Mississippi, Montana, Oklahoma, Pennsylvania, Utah, and Vermont.
For more information or to sign up for Club Vin du Soleil, visit www.aubergedusoleil.com.
This page is protected by Copyright laws. Do Not Copy